: The first Franklin County Courthouse built in Columbus-proper was erected in 1840 and demolished in 1884. The address was 352 High Street. In this image the building is in the process of being razed. People are standing on the roof, in front of the building's entrance, and on the grounds. A horse-drawn wagon and buggies appear in the foreground. An inset in the upper right corner appears to be an image of the new courthouse that would replace the building being razed. This photograph appears on p. 10 of "The Story of Columbus: Past, Present and Future of the Metropolis of Central Ohio" (Columbus: The Johnston Publishing Co., 1898). View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05643 Subjects
: Public buildings--Ohio--Columbus; Courthouses--Ohio--History; Ohio History--State and Local Government Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)