: This photograph shows the Union Building and Savings Co., located at 22 West Gay St., Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1940. Two ionic columns frame the bank's arched entrance. The building is constructed of light-colored stone. A sign at the top of the middle window, third floor, reads: "Law." The other windows have signs with the names of individuals and businesses; presumably these are law firms and lawyers. Some of the names include: Horace S. Kerr; Raymond Roberts; Paul C. Hicks; [illegible initials] Friedman; Pugh & Pugh; Chapin B. Beem; and W.S. Marshall. The scene includes two streetlights and parked automobiles. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05842 Subjects
: Ohio Economy--Economy--Finance; Banks and banking; Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)