: This photograph shows busy Madison Avenue at its intersection with Erie Street in downtown Toledo, 1935-1943. Parked cars line both sides of Madison Avenue, and vehicles are traveling in both directions. Pedestrians also are visible.
The building with the distinctive cupola and tower is the Nasby Building (1891), located at the corner of Madison Avenue and Huron Street. The shorter structure to the right of the Nasby Building is the Wayne Building (1924). The Nasby's tower was removed in 1934. Later the Nasby and the Wayne structures were combined under a single facade that was renamed the "Madson Building." View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06201 Subjects
: Toledo (Ohio); Buildings; Architecture--Ohio; Automobiles Places
: Toledo (Ohio); Lucas County (Ohio)