: This image depicts the Bailey and Barclay Halls of Urbana Junior College in Urbana, Ohio. The college in Urbana was funded in 1850 as Urbana Seminary for elementary and secondary students. College level classed began in 1874 when the construction on Bailey Hall, the first building for the school. The school was suspended during the Civil War. The college reopened after the war was over and in the early 20th century, the curriculum was shortened to a two year college. It was not until 1868 the it again became a four year college. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06411 Subjects
: Urbana (Ohio); Education, Higher--Ohio--History; College buildings Places
: Urbana (Ohio); Champaign County (Ohio)