: This image shows a memorial to the soldiers who served at Fort St. Clair in Eaton, Ohio.
Fort St. Clair is just west of Eaton, Ohio. It was built in 1792 during the Northwest Indian War under the direction of Arthur St. Clair, to serve as a supply depot. The plaque on the monument reads "Erected October 1922 by Wm. H. Ortt. Sacred to the memory of the soldiers who fought and died in the battle with the Indians at Fort Saint Clair November 6, 1792." The fort was entered on the National Register of Historic Places on August 16, 2010. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06451 Subjects
: Fort St. Clair (Ohio); St. Clair, Arthur, 1734-1818; State parks & reserves Places
: Eaton (Ohio); Preble County (Ohio)