: The Ohio State Reformatory opened in 1896 in Mansfield, Ohio. In 1990, it closed, but has since served as a set for several films. It was built between 1886 and 1910 and remained in operation until a 1990 federal court ruling (the 'Boyd Consent Decree') ordered the facility to be closed. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06533 Subjects
: Prisons--Ohio; Mansfield (Ohio); Architecture; Historic preservation Places
: Mansfield (Ohio); Richland County (Ohio)