: The woodlands near Fort Necessity in the Findlay area. This fort was built by the order of General William Hull. His army of nearly 2000 men rested here and made paper cartridge before moving north with a slow wagon train to Detroit. It consisted of a block house and stockade and served no function. Eventually, General Hull surrendered.
This park is dedicated to General William Hull. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06562 Subjects
: War of 1812; Forts & fortifications; Findlay (Ohio); Hancock County (Ohio) Places
: Findlay (Ohio); Hancock County (Ohio)