: This color image shows the interior of the First Congregational Church, Twinsburg, Ohio, ca. 1960-1969. In the sanctuary, two tall candelabra frame the altar. To the left and right of the sanctuary are two blocks of pews. Facing the sanctuary are three sections of pews
The First Congregational Church was organized in August 23, 1822. Twinsburg pioneers, many from Killingworth, Connecticut, worshiped in various locations for 31 years until this church was built in 1848. Its design is attributed to master builder Simeon Porter. The spire is an 1857 replacement. The edifice is notable for being a Classic Revival translation of the standard meeting house of the preceding Federal period. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06633 Subjects
: Churches--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; Greek Revival; Twinsburg (Ohio) Places
: Twinsburg (Ohio); Summit County (Ohio)