Maxwell automobile photograph   Save
Maxwell automobile photograph
Description: An early 1900s Maxwell passenger car (possibly a 1905 model) parked in front of a home in Ohio. The license plate of the car seems to indicate that it is from 1908 or 1909. The Maxwell was a brand of automobiles manufactured in the United States from about 1904 to 1925. Chrysler Group is the present-day successor to the Maxwell company. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AL07791
Subjects: Ohio Economy--Transportation and Development; Automobiles; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio);
Places: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)