: Two horses during a harness race at the Wyandot County Fairgrounds. The first Wyandot County Fair was held in 1851 on the Thompson farm, (now the site of the Fairhaven Community on Marseilles Avenue) in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. The fair was held in that location until 1856 when the current fairgrounds site was purchased. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07802 Subjects
: Cultural Ohio--Ohio Sports; Horse racing; Fairgrounds; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Cultural Ohio--Art and Artists Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)