: This image shows a ceremony of the cornerstone laying for a new Masonic temple, F. A. & M., Upper Sandusky, Ohio, September 14, 1909.
The construction of the temple was completed in 1910 at the cost of $15.000. The temple continues to be occupied by Warpole Lodge No. 176.
Freemasonry is a fraternal order that dates back to the 14th century when local fraternities of stonemasons regulated the qualifications of masons and their interaction with authorities and clients.
Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07805 Subjects
: Cultural Ohio; Freemasons; Fraternal organizations; Architecture--Ohio; Historic buildings--Ohio; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio) Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)