: Harry Kinley in costume, posed with an unidentified man dressed as a woman, and a donkey in front of Kinley's department store in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Kinley's department store operated between 1896 and 1929 at 132 North Sandusky Avenue, and was opened by Harry's father, John H. Kinley. Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969) was a native of Upper Sandusky. He was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). Kinley was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07831 Subjects
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Department stores; City and town life; Advertising and promotions Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)