: Poster advertising the many products of the Egan Co., with locations on Central Avenue, John Street, Front Street and Greenleaf Street in Cincinnati, Ohio, ca. 1890. Shown on the poster are a number of machinery types, including planers, mortisers, saws, lathes, and more.
The Egan Co. was a manufacturer of woodworking machinery based out of Cincinnati. Originally founded in 1871 as Cordesman, Egan & Co., the company split into two separate firms in 1884. The Egan Co. operated alone under the leadership of its president Thomas P. Egan for nearly a decade before joining with another Cincinnati-based competitor to form the J.A. Fay & Egan Co. Despite their shared name, the two companies continued to advertise and manufacture independently for the next ten years or so. View on Ohio Memory.
: PA_B540_25 Subjects
: Machinery industry--Ohio; woodworking tools; Industries--Ohio--Cincinnati; Manufacturing industries--Ohio Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)