: Photograph showing a lock in Delpos, Ohio, which was used to control water flow. The caption beneath the photograph reads: "Old Lock to be replaced by Wall, Delphos, O., July, 1916." This photograph is part of a series taken by the Board of the Ohio Department of Public Works to document the disrepair of the infrastructure of the Ohio and Erie Canal and Miami-Erie Canal systems in 1916, showing the physical condition of each structure. The Ohio Department of Public Works is one of the oldest departments of state government in continuous existence. Among its other duties, this department was charged with maintenance and administration of the Ohio & Erie and Miami-Erie Canals. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA936AV_B01_033 Subjects
: Waterworks; Rivers; Lakes & ponds; Canals; Dams; Bridges; Ohio Economy--Transportation and Development Places
: Delphos (Ohio); Allen County (Ohio)