: Photograph showing the Ohio Federal Savings and Loan building. The description located on the back of the photograph reads: "Ohio Fed. S & L. arm Whitehall Office| NOV 28 1960." The photograph belongs to the Columbus Citizen-Journal Photograph Collection. On November 9, 1959, the Columbus Citizen and the Ohio State Journal merged to form the Columbus Citizen-Journal, a morning paper. With this merger, the Ohio State Journal, which began in 1811 as the Western Intelligencer, suspended publication. The collection consists of 24,006 black-and-white photographs of various sizes and the dates ranging from 1912 to 1984, which were either used in the paper itself or for research purposes in the interest of composing a piece. View on Ohio Memory.
: P339_B11_F02_02_01 Subjects
: Newspapers; Banks and banking; Buildings; Currency; Federal; Places
: Whitehall (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio);