: Photograph showing the front of Hennick's Restaurant with a vertical electric sign, ca. 1920. Hennick's Restaurant was a popular hangout on the Ohio State University campus during the early and mid-20th century. Owned by Herb Hennick, it was located at 1824 North High, across Fifteenth Avenue from another Ohio State landmark, Long's Book Store. It began around 1904 as a modest storefront offering candy, cigars, sodas and such, but soon evolved into a popular spot to meet after university football games when the Buckeyes played at "Ohio Field" on High Street. The business closed in the 1950s. View on Ohio Memory.
: P405_B01_F13_002 Subjects
: Ohio State University--History; College students--United States; Restaurants--Ohio--History; Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)