Curtiss-Wright employees drafting   Save
Curtiss-Wright employees drafting
Description: Photograph showing employees of the Curtiss-Wright Corporation at work, 1941. The Curtiss-Wright Corporation began in 1929 when Curtiss Aeroplane, Wright Aeronautical and other aircraft companies were combined to form one corporation. The Columbus factory was established in 1940 when Curtiss-Wright began expanding their operations to fulfill quotas for military equipment set by the U.S. Government in the National Defense Program. The Columbus Aircraft Division of Rockwell International began operations in November of 1950, when North American Aviation, the then-parent company of Rockwell International, bought out the facilities and operations of the Curtiss-Wright Plant located near Port Columbus Airport on the city’s east side. The Rockwell plant was operational on December 4, 1950. Initially, the division handled contracts left over from the Curtiss-Wright operation and manufactured View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV32_B01_F14_02
Subjects: Aviation--History; Aircraft; Military Ohio; Manufacturing industries--Ohio; North American Aviation, Inc. (Columbus, Ohio);
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)