: Photograph showing the Ohio Statehouse, at the corner of Broad and High Streets, in 1879. The capitol building was built between 1839 and 1861 in the Greek Revival style, resembling the Parthenon in Greece. One of the best examples of Greek Revival civic architecture in the United States, it is also one of the oldest working statehouses in the nation. It is a masonry building, consisting largely of brick and Columbus limestone quarried from the west banks of the Scioto River. This image comes from a collection assembled in March 1929 by the F. & R. Lazarus Company to mark its 78th anniversary. The photographs and materials assembled in a scrapbook represented the origins and growth of Columbus since 1803. View on Ohio Memory.
: P92_B01_F02_25 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--19th century; Ohio Government; Architecture; Ohio Statehouse (Columbus, Ohio)--Pictorial works Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)