: This photograph shows the Y-Bridge in Zanesville, Ohio. The bridge spans the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum Rivers, and carries the traffic of Route 40 (Main Street and West Main Street), as well as Linden Avenue. The first bridge was built in 1814 and has been reconstructed many times since the 1850s. After several iterations (some of them wooden covered bridges) were washed away, the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers constructed a series of dams and locks to regulate the flow of the two rivers. The current concrete and steel bridge, the fifth in the same location, was opened in 1984. The bridge was listed on the National Registered of Historic Places on November 2, 1973. View on Ohio Memory.
: P28_B04F12_002 Subjects
: Muskingum River (Ohio); Licking River (Ohio); Bridges; National Register of Historic Places Places
: Zanesville (Ohio); Muskingum County (Ohio)