: Photograph showing St. James Episcopal Mission in Clintonville, at one time called "The Little Church of the Woods." An accompanying caption states that the church was erected in 1895, enlarged and remodeled in 1927, and became a parish in 1937.This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
: P285_MB1_025 Subjects
: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Churches--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)