: Photograph of a decorated, horse-drawn float taken in the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, 1921. An accompanying caption reads, "When the Northmoor addition north of Orchard Lane and West of High was opened about 1921, all Clintonville turned out to celebrate with gaily decorated floats and automobiles in a street parade." This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of Clintonville and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
: P285_MB1_045 Subjects
: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Parades & processions; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)