: Photograph of the Columbus Anvil & Forging Company, January 31, 1950. A handwritten note identifies the address as 117 W. Franklin Street in Columbus, Ohio, but historic advertisements identify the factory as being located on West Frankfort Street, in what is now the brewery district of Columbus. A sign above the CA&F sign reads "The Superior Die Tool and Machine Company." The Columbus Anvil & Forging Co. was founded by Tom Long, a former employee of the Columbus Forge and Iron Company, and operated from about 1900 until the mid-1950s. The company was the third oldest manufacturer of wrought anvils in the United States, and they were best known for their Arm and Hammer brand anvils. View on Ohio Memory.
: P339_B03F04_01 Subjects
: Metal-workers--United States; Blacksmithing; Manufacturing industries--Ohio; Iron industry; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)