Crestview Junior High photograph   Save
Crestview Junior High photograph
Description: Photograph of the Crestview school on Weber Road in Clintonville, which briefly housed Clinton High and intermediate grades (6th, 7th and 8th) beginning in February of 1915. In September 1916, it became Crestview Junior High, and senior high pupils were transferred to North High School. This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: P285_MB1_127
Subjects: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; School buildings; Education--Ohio;
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)