: Clipping of a newspaper photograph showing the Clinton Theater, which opened on New Year's Day in 1927. The Clinton was located on the west side of North High Street just south of North Broadway in Clintonville, and housed an auditorium with seating for 1,500, as well as a second-story ballroom. After changing ownership throughout the decades, the theater closed in 1973 and was sold to the Clintonville Electric Company. After being left vacant in 2003, the building was demolished in 2010. This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
: P285_MB1_183 Subjects
: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Columbus (Ohio)--History; Theaters Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)