: The photograph shows the town of Upper Sandusky, Ohio looking northwest from on top of the Billhardt Building at the corner of South Sandusky Avenue and Johnson Street. The Tschanen Brother's drug store and the Water Works office on South Sandusky Avenue can be seen in the middle of the photo. The spire of Upper Sandusky High School can be seen above the tree line on the left. St. Peter's Catholic Church can be seen sitting back on the right. Men stand on the roof of a building on South Sandusky Avenue, and telephone poles with wires run down the streets and between the buildings. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV30_B01F01_06 Subjects
: Wyandot County (Ohio); City and town life; Cityscapes Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio);