: The photograph shows the beginning of the construction of the Citizen's Bank on Brauns' Block in downtown Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Building supplies lie on the street to the left of the newly-laid foundation. A bicycle sits in front of the site and boards on barrels separate the construction from the sidewalk. Men in suits look on over the workers, who appear to be primarily African American. The First Citizens National Bank still stands on the northwest corner of Sandusky and Wyandot Ave. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV30_B01F01_08 Subjects
: Banks and banking--Ohio; City and town life; Laborers; Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio);