: The photograph shows two men standing on a large metal railroad bridge, built on stone supports across the Sandusky River near the small community of Mononcue in Wyandot County, Ohio. Power lines and a building with a smoke stack can be seen on the left. The Pennsylvania Rail Road built the bridge in 1853. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's store, and later as a traveling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). Kinley was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV30_B01F01_48 Subjects
: Bridges--Ohio; Railroads; Transportation--Ohio--History; Sandusky River Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio);