: The photograph shows the Billhardt building on the corner of Main and Johnson Streets in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Two horses and buggies can be seen on the brick street and telephone poles with wires run down the sidewalk. A sign reading "Remnant Wall Paper Sale" can be seen sitting on the sidewalk in front of the building's awnings. Dr. A. Billhardt built the building in 1886, and he and his sons operated a drug store out of it. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a traveling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AV30_B05F05_40 Subjects
: Buildings; Business--Ohio; Cities and towns--Ohio; Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio);