: Taken March 8, 1916, this photograph shows flat car 1206 looking south, with P. Mc. K & Y 80190 painted on the back of the streetcar. To the right, a man stands next to the wooden platform facing a woman in a horse-drawn buggy pulling a wagon of straw bales. This photograph is part of the Columbus Railway, Power, and Light Company collection, consisting of 53 glass plate negatives with images related to the Columbus Railway, Power and Light Company in Columbus, Ohio. In the mid to late nineteenth century, there were many power and streetcar companies in Columbus, Ohio. These companies eventually merged into four main companies, and by 1914 all the remaining companies merged to form the Columbus Railway, Power and Light Company. In 1933, with 1,509 employees, the company was the largest employer in Columbus, Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV118_B01F30 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio); Ohio economy--Transportation and development; Electric utilities; Winter; Streetcars; Street railroads Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)