: A bus, traveling north on U.S. Route 23, drives past St. Joseph Cemetery on the right. Located at 6440 South High Street in Lockbourne, Ohio, St. Joseph Cemetery belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus. Founded in 1910, the large cemetery features a beautiful brick and stone chapel erected in 1929. Electric utility poles and the village of Shadeville are visible in the distance.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B02F041_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Cemeteries; Sepulchral monuments; Buses; Electric lines--Poles and towers Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)