: In this overhead view, pedestrians stroll past several parked cars and local businesses on High Street, including Anderson Law Books. Located at 344 South High Street, the bookstore specialized in legal textbooks, journals, and forms published by the Anderson Publishing Company. Founded by William Anderson in 1887, the company merged with LexisNexis in 2002. Also visible are the Ohio Land Title Association and The Chambers Restaurant.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B04F114_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Downtowns; Pedestrians Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)