Man in front of Ohio National Bank   Save
Man in front of Ohio National Bank
Description: A man holding a bag stands on the sidewalk in front of the Ohio National Bank along High Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Built in 1911, the building featured a granite foundation, limestone walls, and bronze fittings. Acquired by National City Corporation in 1984, this branch of the Ohio National Bank closed in 1999. The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV254_B05F136_01
Subjects: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Downtowns; Banks and banking
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)