: Two men walk into Luigi's Pawn Shop at 1245 North High Street in the University District of Columbus, Ohio. Other pedestrians cross onto High Street, and campus-area businesses can be seen down the sidewalk, including C & D Paint Shop, Ford's Barber Shop and Chop Suey Restaurant. The University District includes the small neighborhoods to the east and south of The Ohio State University campus on either side of the High Street corridor.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B12F326_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; University District (Columbus, Ohio); Pedestrians; Business enterprises--Ohio--Columbus; Secondhand trade; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)