: This 5.25" x 3.25" (13.34 x 8.26 cm) postcard features a photograph of Junction City, Ohio. Dozens of oil rigs dot the landscape of the town. Junction City was established in 1872 by the merger of the towns of Trio City and Damascus. George Wolf and John Edmiston owned adjoining farms that became the towns of Damascus and Trio City in Perry County, Ohio. As the towns grew closer together, problems ensued between Wolf and Edmiston. They agreed to submit their claims to arbitration and it was recommended that the two towns be disbanded in favor of one, named Junction City. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om1540_1507477_001 Subjects
: Geography and Natural Resources; Ohio Government; Oil well drilling rigs; Oil wells; Petroleum industry Places
: Junction City (Ohio); Perry County (Ohio)