: Two photographs show boats in the marina at Grand Lake St. Marys in Mercer and Auglaize counties. Grand Lake St. Marys was the largest man-made lake in the world when it was built in 1845. The 13,500-acre lake was built to feed water into the Miami-Erie Canal when water levels fell below five feet. The lake took seven years to build and includes fifty miles of shoreline. It became a state park in 1949. The photographs measure 2.75" x 2.75" (6.99 x 6.99 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3036_3654652_001 Subjects
: Transportation; Arts and Entertainment; Geography and Natural Resources; Boats; Lakes & ponds Places
: Celina (Ohio); Mercer County (Ohio); Auglaize County (Ohio)