: This photograph documents the grounds of Kingwood Gardens in Mansfield, Ohio in the 1950s. Charles Kelley King built Kingwood Center as his private estate in 1926. King made his fortune as an engineer for the Ohio Brass Company in Mansfield. He hired the Cleveland firms of architect Clarence Mack to design the home and landscape architects Pitkin and Mott to design the gardens for the 47-acre estate. After King's death in 1952, the estate opened as a public garden. The photograph is 5" x 4" (12.7 x 10.16 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3296_4563707_001 Subjects
: Architecture; Plants and Animals; Gardens; Flowers Places
: Mansfield (Ohio); Richland County (Ohio)