: This photograph shows Barrett's Mill and a covered bridge over Rocky Fork Creek near Rainsboro, Ohio. The bridge was built in 1870 and spanned 156 feet. Barrett's Mill was first built in the 1820s. After it burned in 1850, the mill was reconstructed by Captain David Barrett. It became a tourist attraction in the 1960s before both the mill and the covered bridge were destroyed by arson in 1980. The mill was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. The photograph measures 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3085_3728810_003 Subjects
: Transportation; Business and Labor; Geography and Natural Resources; Bridges; Rivers; Mills; National Register of Historic Places Places
: Rainsboro (Ohio); Highland County (Ohio)