: These two 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm) photographs of Muskingum College in New Concord, Ohio were taken in the 1920s. The first photograph shows students on hay wagons in front of Montgomery Hall, which serves as administrative offices and classrooms. A second photograph shows Brown Chapel. The chapel was built in 1912 and seats 800 people. It is named for J. M. Brown of Wheeling, West Virginia, who served on the board of trustees of the college. Both buildings are part of the Muskingum College Campus Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om2973_3619567_001 Subjects
: Religion in Ohio; Architecture; Education; Chapels; Students; Hayrides; Universities and colleges; College buildings; National Register of Historic Places Places
: New Concord (Ohio); Muskingum County (Ohio)