: Two photographs show Woodsfield, Ohio around 1914. In 1814 the Monroe County commissioners selected the town as the county seat. By 1820 it contained eighteen houses. Woodsfield was incorporated in 1835, and in 1843 an act of the General Assembly extended the limits of the town 120 feet in every direction. Located off major transportation routes, the town grew slowly until 1879, when the narrow-gauge Bellaire and Southwestern Railroad was completed to Woodsfield. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om2964_3627872_003 Subjects
: Daily Life; Cityscapes; Photography--Ohio; City and town life Places
: Woodsfield (Ohio); Monroe County (Ohio)