: This shows the side and rear facades of the Preble County courthouse. The building was designed by Eaton native, Harvey H. Hiestand from 1917 to 1918. He used Indiana Bedford limestone for the exterior and Pennsylvania marble for the interior. It has Ionic columns that extend above the third floor and a denticulated entablature. There is also a fourth floor jail, which is hidden from outside view by a solid parapet. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F05_404 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; pavilions (building divisions); columns (architectural elements); entablatures; bays (building divisions); parapets Places
: Eaton (Ohio); Preble County (Ohio); 100 E. Main St.