: This is the rear facade of the Montgomery County Historical Society, the former Montgomery County Courthouse. This structure, built between 1847 and 1850 at a cost of $63,000, was designed in temple form and is recognized as an outstanding example of Greek Revival architecture. It has a stone roof and a cantilevered stone staircase. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F05_342 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; columns (architectural elements); porticoes; arches; vaults (structural elements); pilasters; Greek Revival Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio); 451 W. 3rd St.