Morgan County Courthouse   Save
Morgan County Courthouse
Description: The Morgan County courthouse was completed in 1858 by architect William Johnson. Though originally a Greek Revival style facade, repairs over the years have incorporated elements of the Second Empire style such as a bracketed cornice and clock tower. This image shows the building's front facade. The statue that sits in front of the courthouse honors Civil War soldiers. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F05_353
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; porticoes; columns (architectural elements); cornices; clock towers; mansard roofs; Greek Revival; Second Empire
Places: McConnelsville (Ohio); Morgan County (Ohio); 19 E. Main St.