New Montgomery County Courthouse   Save
New Montgomery County Courthouse
Description: This image shows the front facade of the Montgomery County Courthouse. This was built shortly after the old county courthouse, in 1884, and the two buildings were used together for almost a century. Because the county outgrew both of these courthouses, the newer building was torn down around 1974 and replaced with Courthouse Square, an urban plaza (not pictured). The newer courthouse had been harshly criticized for lacking a pure architectural style. The other building, currently the Montgomery Historical Society, was preserved due to its design and historical significance. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F05_349
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; balustrades; pilasters; pediments; Greek Revival
Places: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio); W. 3rd St. and S. Main