: This shows the front and side facades of the Tuscarawas County Courthouse. The structure was built from 1882 to 1884, during a time of prosperity, when many counties were constructing ambitious courthouses, competing with one another for the best building. Roman arches, square and round columns and Doric and Corinthian capitals are incorporated into this structure. Originally there was a zinc-plated statue of three women that sat on top of the building's dome, but it was replaced by a cupola with a brass eagle in 1973 after the original statue began to deteriorate. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F06_467 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; arches; clock towers; cupolas; columns (architectural elements); pediments; balconies Places
: New Philadelphia (Ohio); Tuscarawas County (Ohio); 101 E. High Ave.