: This image shows the front and side facades of the Defiance County Courthouse. This is Defiance County's second courthouse, and it was built between 1871 and 1873 by architect J.C. Johnson. The Second Empire and Tuscan (Italian) Villa style courthouse is dominated by its central 125 foot clock tower. Renovations during the 1950s removed the original mansard roof when a third story was added to the building. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F02_114 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; clock towers; courses; cornices; Second Empire; Italian Villa Style Places
: Defiance (Ohio); Defiance County (Ohio); 500 Court St.