Carroll County Courthouse   Save
Carroll County Courthouse
Description: This image shows the front and side facades of the Carroll County Courthouse. The present courthouse was built from 1884-1885 by architect Frank Weary to replace the original Carroll County Courthouse after the county had outgrown the building. It was constructed on land directly behind the first courthouse, and upon its completion the old courthouse was demolished. The central stone portico, looming clock tower, and arched windows are some of the elements that comprise the architecturally eclectic Berea sandstone building. It does have some Richardsonian Romanesque elements. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F01_058
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; arches; porticoes; cornices; pilasters; hip roofs; clock towers; Richardsonian Romanesque
Places: Carrollton (Ohio); Carroll County (Ohio); 119 Public Square