: This image shows the front facade of the Carroll County Courthouse. The present courthouse was built from 1884-1885 by architect Frank Weary to replace the original Carroll County Courthouse after the county had outgrown the building. It was constructed on land directly behind the first courthouse, and upon its completion the old courthouse was demolished. The central stone portico, looming clock tower, and arched windows are some of the elements that comprise the architecturally eclectic Berea sandstone building. It does have some Richardsonian Romanesque elements. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F01_060 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; arches; porticoes; cornices; pilasters; hip roofs; clock towers; Richardsonian Romanesque Places
: Carrollton (Ohio); Carroll County (Ohio); 119 Public Square