Butler County Courthouse   Save
Butler County Courthouse
Description: This image shows the front and side facades of the Butler County Courthouse. This structure was built from 1885-1889 by architect David Gibbs, and like most county courthouses, it has undergone many renovations. A fire in 1912 caused the collapse of the commanding four-tiered clock tower into the center of the building's interior. A new three-tiered structure was constructed to replace the original, and it is the tower which stands to this day. Its architectural style is a mix of Second Empire and Palladian. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F01_052
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; arches; Second Empire; Palladian
Places: Hamilton (Ohio); Butler County (Ohio); 101 High St.