Guernsey County Courthouse   Save
Guernsey County Courthouse
Description: The Guernsey County Courthouse, located at 801 E. Wheeling Ave., was built between 1881 and 1883 by architect Joseph Yost in response to the county's growing population. The sandstone facade is located in the same public square as the previous courthouse and is an example of Second Empire architecture. This image shows the front facade of the building. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F03_179
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; hip roofs; mansard roofs; clock towers; arches; pediments; Second Empire
Places: Cambridge (Ohio); Guernsey County (Ohio)