: Reproduction of a photograph depicting the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1860-1869. Construction of the first Columbus capitol building began in 1814, and the first session of the Ohio General Assembly held in Columbus began in December 1816. Four Ohio citizens donated the ten-acre piece of land in downtown Columbus, now known as Capitol Square, where the present Ohio Statehouse is located. The cornerstone for the new Statehouse was laid on July 4, 1839, with construction completed in 1861. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL00225 Subjects
: Ohio Statehouse (Columbus, Ohio)--Pictorial works; Franklin County (Ohio); Ohio History--State and Local Government--Law; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)